[复制链接]
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-25 11:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 移民电工 于 2010-5-25 12:11 编辑 * ]$ C. ^4 _8 s/ M% a& f/ }
& ^! p" z: @4 k. Z) K, {0 ]
Tim的第二封致工会华人电工的公开信
& A) X1 `- z  n2 O2 @+ Z/ ^% C( R3 oFair Treatment on the job site
/ W8 n3 A/ ]. v5 e, A                                         Wrote by: Tim Brower
7 G- F9 q) ]3 Z+ W0 L) @/ D& E) N* Y8 S; `; ]$ e
It is a pleasure for me to be able to speak with Chinese – Canadian electricians in Alberta by means of the CEAC website.* W' e8 |+ z  m5 L# G

$ H0 R/ ?& @- k4 ZI appreciate the opportunity to outline my plans and the solutions for the issues facing the ceac membership. It is my hope that this information will be helpful to both CEAC members that are already IBEW 424 members and for those that will join our Union in the future.
0 c4 }( i1 \$ a; q9 x+ b4 x( ^$ ~5 G5 l3 @2 F- X4 z
There is no doubt that Chinese Canadian electricians in Alberta face a number of hurdles in their desire to become active 424 members. I believe that most of the problems arise from the fact that a multicultural work force in the electrical trade is relatively new in Alberta. Many members are suspicious of change just as many Canadians are. While other major centers such as Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal are now familiar with a multi-cultural workforce it is still very new in Alberta, especially in construction trades.- e, p2 |4 B7 G- a8 \6 h
% Q4 f* H* k4 Z) ?1 d1 x
Our industry has changed dramatically over the past ten years and most of our members realize that change is inevitable and will quickly adapt to the new realities of the 21st century construction workplace.
5 K" P0 `9 F% R& b- t
4 o( I/ s0 s8 q" g( @7 W( n9 yI personally welcome all new members, regardless of their country of origin, that are skilled in the trade. We must get back the market share we once had in order to have the bargaining power we need to provide a good contract, fair representation and a quality retirement for all our members.2 K3 C' y# A& \" l* Z

. M/ f% k5 ~4 W/ N2 s2 gOver the next few weeks I would like to address a number of issues that stand in the way of our mutual success.  
' V7 o: d' L( d- c0 _, [! @- C" h1 q( j. @' y# ^
·        I want to see that CEAC members better understand our workplace culture including our union grievance procedures and their rights under our collective agreement;
4 J/ B# Q6 K; l* r# O, H
+ V$ }4 T' j/ Z1 H1 E·        I want to address and explain the Union’s challenge of dealing with the government Apprenticeship Board and the need to streamline and make clear the conditions that exist for recognizing foreign credentials and training;
; w) K0 w' A: p
9 k# y( m2 M$ G8 L( P( i·        Understanding that Chinese Canadian electricians have specific needs I’d like to discuss the need to make the union more open and welcoming for CEAC members , including the possibility of mentoring programs and simply making my agents and organizers more available to simply sit down and discuss our mutual concerns;
+ l8 b. S+ p0 e; g; ]  |+ \. T$ M
# H( N( c+ ?2 f$ ^' KI remain committed to seeing a fair and harassment free job site for all our members. Our Chinese-Canadian members must become more familiar with their rights and their obligations as IBEW members. At the same time our current members, including our agents and stewards, must be more open to greater diversity. We will not achieve success overnight but we must commit ourselves to making the changes ahead of us as quick and as easy as possible.  The answer lies in greater understanding.( a5 ]$ C! K4 S1 M! [0 c3 ]

9 l4 J0 L# d5 e' Q0 vMy next column will appear in a few days. In the meantime I welcome any thoughts you have on how we can work better together.  You can reach me at the 424 office or through my campaign website at www.timbrower.ca
鲜花(5) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-25 19:44 | 显示全部楼层
顶上去,
鲜花(261) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-25 22:12 | 显示全部楼层
Much more friendly than the letter of Kevin, which just hope to disband our CEAC and use a few chinese to control, even split the whole chinese electricians, without any promise or price.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-26 07:51 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-30 21:17 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-23 04:44 , Processed in 0.170697 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, APC On.