[复制链接]
鲜花(8) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2013-8-4 08:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 竹声 于 2013-8-4 09:41 编辑
: D8 B+ H+ [5 |  Y4 t1 B4 z2 N0 j% T; P2 ?# G
Mutilated ladies

/ L0 W; n( ?3 M, _, T) i) h$ w* K4 Z  y" g/ L) i% {
Listen to the recording then answer the question below.
+ A3 }; ]7 N  ^8 R2 a9 e7 o4 L% P" f* P# N4 {" n
Why did Jane cook John's wallet?" P0 b- a3 b8 Z* y# Q
3 r# U1 \) \6 @7 H% e" O
    Has it ever happened to you? Have you ever put your trousers in the washing machine and then remembered there was a large bank note in your back pocket? When you rescued your trousers, did note in your back pocket? When you rescued your trousers, did you find the note was whiter than white? People who live in Britain needn't despair when they made mistakes like this (and a lot of people do)! Fortunately for them, the Bank of England has a team called Mutilated Ladies, which deals with claims from people who fed their money to a machine or to their dog. Dogs, it seems, love to chew up money! A recent case concerns Jane Butlin whose fiancé, John, runs a successful furniture business. John had very good day and put his wallet containing $3,000 into the microwave oven for safekeeping. Then he and Jane went horse riding. When they got home, Jane cooked their dinner in the microwave oven and without realizing it, cooked her fiancé's wallet as well. Imagine their dismay when they found a beautifully cooked wallet and notes turned to ash! John went to see his bank manager who sent the remains of wallet and the money to the special department of the Bank of England in Newcastle: the Mutilate Ladies! They examined the remains and John got all his money back. 'So long as there's something to identify, we will give people their money back,' said a spokeswoman for the Bank. 'Last year, we paid $1.5m on 21,000 claims.
  F& u! E" |( a3 T$ ^9 n  c/ }3 H
6 o6 j; X: t# E7 p8 ], K5 F9 ^3 ]音频链接 * b6 d' \9 B2 A6 z7 X5 y) L
https://app.box.com/s/fx2pce23wwhlox1ke737
鲜花(8) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-4 08:46 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 竹声 于 2013-8-4 09:53 编辑 / B- n4 d+ y6 g. C4 E$ B, W

: X4 C0 s1 i. I: g& b  y2 w' T1 R1 oNext time, you have a destroyed bill after being washed in the washing machine, make sure you talk with you banker, so you can get your money back.
鲜花(8) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-4 08:51 | 显示全部楼层
Read aloud everyday, and record yourself. I find it a highly effective way to improve pronunciation and fluency, as well as listening. Plus, you can always incorporate the beautiful vocabulary and sentence structure into your writing, if you need to pass any English exams. This, of course, also helps with your English skills at work and in everyday life.
鲜花(137) 鸡蛋(4)
发表于 2013-8-5 10:10 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
非常同意你的观点。每天都要大声读,不然,开口就有点生。box好像不好用了,最近
鲜花(8) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-5 14:41 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 竹声 于 2013-8-5 15:42 编辑
* f. F" f" B, b) O
newelec 发表于 2013-8-5 11:10 9 t. X, E$ a" r1 [  e- t
非常同意你的观点。每天都要大声读,不然,开口就有点生。box好像不好用了,最近

" e1 `/ z  m- @& H8 f+ }
9 z; D; g$ r6 w$ z1 W  L, VSpeaking and listening practice is the ultimate approach to conquering the English language, especially in real life communication. Without persistent and guided speaking practice, it will be virtually impossible for us to achieve full competency in using the language.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-6-1 04:04 , Processed in 0.144730 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.