找回密码
 注册
查看: 4068|回复: 3

A Poem - Published by the Washington Post

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-1 13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
When we were the Sick Man of Asia, We were called The Yellow Peril.
: j* o% @5 D4 YWhen we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat.
% y% `. n" h( U( V" o( DWhen we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to our open markets.
% b/ }4 R4 Z" |, r  L7 S/ wWhen we embrace Free Trade, You blame us for taking away your jobs.
5 `3 X4 q7 O& ]When we were falling apart, You marched in your troops and took what you wanted.
9 b* E1 N( Q; sWhen we tried to put the broken pieces back together again, Free Tibet you screamed, It Was an Invasion!
3 S. t+ E: [/ d" d0 rWhen we tried Communism, you hated us for being Communist.' D$ O9 C8 y3 R: U! N/ s
When we embrace Capitalism, you ridicule us for being Capitalist. 3 z1 ^* i7 G; n: F+ l
When we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet.2 I) ^& n; v) _5 N4 A1 y; b
When we tried limiting our numbers, you said we abused human rights.8 z4 ?$ V& W0 ^/ h. l$ G1 K* m
When we were poor, you thought we were dogs.
. n9 C  U4 H: uWhen we loan you cash, you blame us for your national debt. When we build our industries, you call us Polluters.
( ?5 N' x. p* C: b# o- _  aWhen we sell you goods, you blame us for global warming.
5 G, `9 \+ q4 C6 FWhen we buy oil, you call it exploitation and genocide.
1 r. B. O- V" e+ ]0 A3 Q& ~* UWhen you go to war for oil, you call it liberation.
7 C6 R! G  g& f# a2 jWhen we were lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of law.2 a# H8 }: [' W+ _" I
When we uphold law and order against violence, you call it violating human rights.
% E1 I# b7 E% t. G9 I/ m& NWhen we were silent, you said you wanted us to have free speech.
" t; N. V) U: _1 @  |/ W) i5 fWhen we are silent no more, you say we are brainwashed-xenophobics. % C. B" H" }8 D1 s+ o2 I4 Q
Why do you hate us so much, we asked.No, you answered, we don't hate you. 6 m" r& @9 A! K' ?  Q* S4 Y0 G
We don't hate you either.
5 ]$ c; j/ S; z( ]/ k: S6 g( r  S
But, do you understand us?
, m& f2 ~$ g$ F1 V/ E+ @; J' {9 H6 a' v+ R7 Z0 s
Of course we do, you said,
' A0 e( ^  o7 ~( [; rWe have AFP, CNN and BBC's % G) d: }# c+ G4 V* U7 F

$ ]4 d$ J4 h+ I* Q9 T# O7 o, J5 IWhat do you really want from us?6 H+ I( _; |; V3 O* P) J$ S1 P3 q
Think hard first, then answer... . E1 C; ^6 L$ c/ d* p
Because you only get so many chances.
2 m4 ]: d' b  |, Y4 rEnough is Enough, Enough Hypocrisy for This One World.
' Z- M$ ?) D# [  tWe want One World, One Dream, and Peace on Earth.
0 V# ?2 S& n4 w2 `This Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-1 21:20 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(25) 鸡蛋(7)
发表于 2008-5-2 07:10 | 显示全部楼层
好象在"时事政治"版有这poem的中文版?
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-9 18:59 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
Nicely said.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-9-27 21:50 , Processed in 0.106337 second(s), 16 queries , Gzip On, APC On.