发表于 2006-1-3 23:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
University Hospital 站通车了.
鲜花(64) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2006-1-3 23:33 | 显示全部楼层
New LRT station opens on university campus  Q% `/ S! ~2 V9 Q" A
# R5 a2 C5 y: b

; }- T8 ?/ k& e& ]3 i  C) t9 w+ r& z2 ?  A% W' m1 h$ |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 g9 w/ M- v( R+ v
9 p/ T! w: l7 B1 B; z" G2 e: y, w8 N; f) d
by CORINNE LUTTER
: r' ~0 Q% v& j; T; E- Q) q0 {/ T- zExaminer Staff ( D. Q+ Z! e  T: s8 Q2 g% f) l0 ~
% M  v4 D6 G; m: ~9 h

7 k5 |' `% X( {Light rail transit (LRT) has reached a new level in south Edmonton.
% A! a/ ]; ?( W0 W0 q5 {! V  Q& K; C( J
After months of construction, the $108 million project to extend the South LRT 640 metres from the underground University Station to the surface at the new Health Sciences Station is complete.- Q, @6 l) _% |. k0 g1 o$ ]+ V
: Y6 G* Q2 x' Q$ h5 a
Service to the new station, located north of University Avenue on 114 Street, will officially begin on Jan. 1.
  W; b+ g7 a9 r* |: G  s4 s. h  t" i; R$ X/ s9 `6 D
A grand opening ceremony will be held Jan. 3.
. T5 _( X9 i+ A/ b' B' P8 a, E/ |: E8 k" `& z+ W
It’s the first new LRT station built in the city since 1992.' E  h2 c) Y' r3 Y1 j9 d6 c
5 U! j: R4 I7 s! h, ~: K
Wayne Mandryk, transit projects branch manager, says the extension not only provides people easier access to places like the University Hospital, the Jubilee Auditorium and Canadian Blood Services, it’s a symbolic milestone.
3 H. q. l6 p4 b& T. r9 I
. _* i5 y# k, _“It represents us getting to the surface,” says Mandryk. “It’s out of the ground.”3 F$ _0 l- F7 k7 H' h$ u
- w* R- r" W/ W5 I5 \& m
The LRT is above ground on the north side, but goes below surface downtown, linking across the North Saskatchewan River to the University Station.
, c, e1 Y& x2 p  h, r$ M/ ?9 {. H
6 O/ p8 `7 E& U( `. P4 `+ BA $9 million tunnel boring machine was shipped to Edmonton from Singapore to dig through the earth and bring the LRT back to ground level. Construction began in February 2003.
  \- H0 Q: S/ h2 ~* v6 w1 c! q- B0 ~6 _5 f
“We’re opening exactly when we said we were going to open,” says Mandryk. “It’s on time and on budget.”3 T' G4 K) W8 _, u4 ~4 ~$ \
5 |3 D% u! z/ E; }) y3 M
Funding for the project came from the Infrastructure Canada-Alberta Program, in which the city, provincial and federal governments provided approximately $9 million each.
5 x, Y/ f( X1 M8 ^
9 q( I% C; ^+ P' s1 C4 m4 IThe remainder was funded through the provincial fuel rebate.7 g  X0 f' _4 r
9 x0 x9 X& Y0 h" y' y& F, J
About $8 million was used to start work on the next leg of the extension to the University of Alberta’s South Campus.( C8 G, {9 }4 g. h

1 ^7 D; k; @9 ~0 c) c“We’ve already started on construction of the next phase down to South Campus,” says Mandryk.
  _: ~7 _" W7 g2 T
" W7 k' o, u& L1 ]6 o/ n9 rFrom Health Sciences Station, the LRT will continue on to stations at 76 Avenue and 114 Street and South Campus, near Foote Field. The South Campus station is expected to open by the end of 2008.
( ?) f; g8 q9 g: m/ m- u# _
$ L, e6 k2 Y3 sThe next leg will travel down the 111 Street median with stations at Southgate Centre and Century Park, the former Heritage Mall site.
: M! I& P3 b0 t$ T, b/ ?/ [1 B! Q8 I! g# I3 [# m3 u
“That will be open by the end of 2009,” says Mandryk.
6 h1 f9 `9 h0 a# W* _* ~3 t
; }- \7 `( N* Z9 M2 `5 b  jThe LRT from Health Sciences to Century Park will add about eight kilometres of track to the existing 12 km line, which starts in Clareview.
& V/ a/ g7 j' K" {- F. I" g- E3 ]' c
City council has approved the $595 million cost to take the LRT from Health Sciences to Century Park, says Mandryk.% Z9 a4 D; j4 d0 `+ N7 b* D$ B0 n

% x9 d1 `# q0 QThe bulk of the money will come from the New Deal for Canadian Communities Program announced by the federal government earlier this year., a# G) A5 l+ w& t

# J9 C, P7 \) D7 sAbout $8 million will come from a local tax levy and $25 million from the Alberta Municipal Infrastructure Program.4 C2 f; O' y4 s- C* Y

/ T( V+ O6 \" Q/ ~* a7 ?While the concept plan for the LRT has been approved down to 54 Avenue by the Lendrum Shopping Centre, further public consultation will be held in the new year to finalize the concept plan for the remaining line.5 |, i. l! x8 ]* q6 H- D: Z: o- Z

2 k* Q0 O7 s! n  Y( TMandryk says the location of the stations, as well as park and ride facilities, need to be determined.! q6 Q5 {( f3 G( V+ c* m

% `0 d; u) r* f2 E1 A) cOn Jan. 1 and 2, residents are invited to use the LRT system for free.
& q6 P" ^; k" Q0 g2 b; q+ S* H$ v  B4 ^# {, r
“It gives people an opportunity to ride the LRT, if they haven’t, and just see how convenient it really is,” says Mandryk.
. B, I+ T4 e/ N& S8 c" @
8 F" r/ D# q2 u" r7 D& ~8 OA special train will carry dignitaries, including Mayor Stephen Mandel, to the Health Sciences Station at 10 a.m. on Jan. 3 for the official opening.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-1-4 01:52 | 显示全部楼层

该高兴还是该感叹呢?

十多年总算加了一站路,比起中国的几个大城市几年新开一条线,是不是也太慢了一点呀。回国时我特地去上海的地铁看看,那才叫新、那才叫快、那才叫现代呀!只是人太多了点。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-8 21:53 , Processed in 0.358137 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.