佳作欣赏:Follow Your Dream!(ZT)

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-8 22:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Follow Your Dream8 S& A; V8 U8 D
# c" `7 x; P% X
$ Y" u4 G6 Y! E9 [2 [

+ y2 ?1 \! }# dI have a friend named Monty Roberts who owns a horse ranch in San Ysidro. / g" |2 G. K- R9 v0 c
He has let me use his house to put on fund-raising events to raise money ; e) D: @( c" @; u; U6 n% O
for youth at risk programs. 2 w; }3 z( C$ C/ {% m

2 f, _: o, t8 L- t" u' t. _The last time I was there he introduced me by saying, 'I want to tell you
) {7 q' c. a" ^" {; L! W% Ewhy I let Jack use my house. It all goes back to a story about a young & ?% n) ?( b8 b! v1 R/ }  ~1 H  v
man who was the son of an itinerant horse trainer who would go from stable
, [& F3 L! g! u4 [. o; J1 oto stable, race track to race track, farm to farm and ranch to ranch, training
8 s0 P3 ]( C$ x' j7 x6 f6 vhorses. As a result, the boy's high school career was continually interrupted.
) L- U0 }8 X) `# iWhen he was a senior, he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted
! j  Y# B5 N9 ?% u$ T+ Fto be and do when he grew up.
& s3 O7 s4 e- |. S' t) q7 y2 @/ Z0 U6 c7 S2 c5 n; m% ?* G
'That night he wrote a seven-page paper describing his goal of someday
4 ^4 c% N0 L, Aowning a horse ranch. He wrote about his dream in great detail and he even
2 F' P  n9 L, ^# ?; O% O8 p. Xdrew a diagram of a 200-acre ranch, showing the location of all the buildings, ; E; D4 x6 r' j7 [
the stables and the track. Then he drew a detailed floor plan for a 4,000-square-foot ( n3 T' n" X/ H( N, x
house that would sit on a 200-acre dream ranch.
" e, y5 }+ ]' o0 M- r7 T4 Y. b# p: Z5 f  ^5 R2 j
'He put a great deal of his heart into the project and the next day he
( K+ ]: l- H0 b+ K' }handed it in to his teacher. Two days later he received his paper back.
0 m) r, v& X+ X% H& }# ?$ P5 w; POn the front page was a large red F with a note that read, `See me after 3 u0 W2 H9 L8 f; l2 h; }. o& w4 e
class.'
4 u- \- z0 i6 {; b$ z, V. @. C
% z- u0 \( B/ U7 |: p'The boy with the dream went to see the teacher after class and asked,
, ?3 @8 }# l' B1 F* u0 ~`Why did I receive an F?' * G" ^6 ]/ M# U* F$ ?+ B8 r

& V3 V7 Y; L/ Y; F'The teacher said, `This is an unrealistic dream for a young boy like you.
3 U) m5 N( W* ~1 h4 N1 EYou have no money. You come from an itinerant family. You have no resources.
! a) C* S8 S5 b5 N: lOwning a horse ranch requires a lot of money. You have to buy the land.
! o( N5 E. B$ I, c9 p5 lYou have to pay for the original breeding stock and later you'll have to ) G8 P6 W1 r6 e# M+ s! l5 B  M
pay large stud fees. There's no way you could ever do it.’ Then the teacher
& H9 L, J% |+ {) U* [# P% Radded, `If you will rewrite this paper with a more realistic goal, I will 0 ]3 l, v4 _  X; n' Y. o  y
reconsider your grade.’
: W- l* N5 T: ?5 d% f; c$ N5 D1 g2 |! ~" H# r' r5 d/ E8 i
'The boy went home and thought about it long and hard. He asked his father 7 T. p: _# ~8 B/ R; `
what he should do. His father said, `Look, son, you have to make up your
) m7 Z& a6 j! Z  H+ p" ]0 G+ Down mind on this. However, I think it is a very important decision for ' G2 U" e4 j0 p9 a9 C8 \( @, H, }
you.’
+ k$ F7 K3 {( k7 @. ?+ V, U
1 j2 A+ c5 J" }5 ^7 u'Finally, after sitting with it for a week, the boy turned in the same
9 k( H2 l& @1 D) t! c2 jpaper, making no changes at all. He stated, `You can keep the F and I'll
+ c+ i* o9 u2 w6 s/ O7 ikeep my dream.'' ; L/ X4 w0 Q' ^

" |# u9 b- B% q& {) w( VMonty then turned to the assembled group and said, 'I tell you this story 7 [! `! L0 Q. b( A& \
because you are sitting in my 4,000-square-foot house in the middle of
% z" S- r( @9 c2 imy 200-acre horse ranch. I still have that school paper framed over the
. z) w5 g9 O' R+ A5 ifireplace.' He added, 'The best part of the story is that two summers ago . \- {/ d* r( A3 q. W+ A
that same schoolteacher brought 30 kids to camp out on my ranch for a week.' $ c1 U' _1 E" o% q/ T
When the teacher was leaving, he said, `Look, Monty, I can tell you this 0 p. |2 d2 X5 f/ D( Q# d6 v
now. When I was your teacher, I was something of a dream stealer. During
8 ~8 N6 B1 S! u" Z  p6 Ythose years I stole a lot of kids’ dreams. Fortunately you had enough gumption 6 h. H9 O5 S, S$ v9 I0 ~6 n, l
not to give up on yours.’' * ?/ l: [4 U  B. I& ?
; I( \5 L) ^/ Y$ d" h' f$ b/ t
Don't let anyone steal your dreams. Follow your heart, no matter what.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-10 12:40 | 显示全部楼层

啧啧,真是理想主义者

鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-20 20:21 | 显示全部楼层
Fine
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2004-10-20 20:43 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-10 01:05 , Processed in 0.134399 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On, APC On.